Geosyntec is a specialized environmental and engineering consulting practice in Europe, working with private and public sector clients on operational, legacy and new venture sites. Geosyntec has a particularly strong reputation for understanding and solving difficult problems linked to contaminated land and water, waste management, infrastructure, and at operationally complex sites.
We deliver solutions through Geosyntec and our wholly-owned, affiliates MMI Engineering, SiREM, Savron, and Geosyntec Asia, with a combined staff exceeding 1000 engineers, scientists, and related technical and project support personnel. We serve our clients from more than 75 offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and Malaysia, and Thailand.
Our global reach is much greater than this because of our shareholding in the CAT Alliance, which facilitates our operation in more than 60 countries around the world.
Practice Philosophy and Quality
Since our founding in 1983, we have built top tier practices to meet our clients' needs in:
- Contaminated Site Appraisal and Risk Assessment
- Remediation of contaminated land and water
- Vapour intrusion measurement, modeling and mitigation
- Environmental Planning and Management
- Air Quality Management and Air Pollution Control
- Waste Management Planning, Engineering, and Design
- Water and Natural Resources Assessment, Management, and Restoration
- Water and Wastewater System Planning, Engineering, and Design
- Geotechnical and Geological Analysis, Modeling, and Engineering
- Civil Site Engineering and Design
- Structure and Fluid Analysis, Modeling, and Engineering
- Facility Hazard Definition and Risk Management
We are internationally known for our technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service, including in Europe where we have operated for more than 10 years.
Contributions to the State of the Practice
Geosyntec strives to advance the state of the profession through our academic appointments, scholarships, and professional research contributions. Our applied research partnerships and associations with leading universities, some private sector clients, and Government bodies such as the U.S. DOD, NASA, some National EPAs, NICOLE and CL:AIRE, amongst others are expanding knowledge base and the availability of new technologies, for example linked to:
- Understanding of non-aqueous phase liquids (NAPL and DNAPL)
- Treatability and insitu remediation of recalcitrant chemicals in the environment
- Design of radioactive, industrial, and municipal waste disposal facilities
- Geotechnical and seismic analysis
- Reliability analysis for extreme wind and wave loadings of offshore wind turbines
- Management of urban/other watersheds to reduce pollutant loadings to receiving waters and increase protection of endangered species
- Provide the best possible service and value to our clients.
- Give our clients better solutions to their unique problems and challenges by, as appropriate, advancing technology in our primary practice areas.
- Create a stimulating, progressive, and friendly work environment that enables us to continue to recruit, retain, and develop the very best staff to serve our clients' needs.